Sunday, October 6, 2013

Crystal Bay

This was it. The last day of the 2013 season in Tahoe. Finally completed the missing link and have now paddled from Sand Harbor all the way around the west shore to just one mile above Emerald Bay.

Although the beaches at Incline are for residents only, apparently they don't check in the fall.  I padded out of Incline Beach which is totally amazing (I can see why they don't let the rest of us use it) with sand and tons of tall shade trees. It's a very short walk from the car to the beach.




The water was like glass. It wasn't as cold as I expected, but I still didn't want to fall in. Crystal Bay is a great fall paddle, though, because you could always get out if you really needed to. Although you might have to land on the front steps of someone's mansion. 


I did four miles, and didn't see anyone else out until the last mile when I saw three kayakers and two other boarders.  And one hardy water skiier.

The details.





No comments:

Post a Comment