Friday, July 25, 2014

Nevada Beach to Connolly Beach

Who knew South Shore was so gorgeous? Nevada Beach is really beautiful. It's a big, deserty beach with lots of trees. We would never drive past Sand Harbor - or Bliss or Baldwin - to go there, but still I was pretty blown away by how pretty it is. I went mid-week and it was fairly deserted (expect, apparently, for the person that stole my flip flops while I was out) but I hear that it is crazy busy on the weekend.

The paddle was gorgeous. South Lake is so shallow this year that everything is turquoise. I went south from Nevada Beach to link up at Connelly with what I'd paddled from the Keys. I expected it to be like Atlantic City but there is the huge Nevada Beach, then a lovely golf course, then some low key private homes (not over the top at all). There are a few places - like where the Tahoe Queen goes out - that are a bit touristy, but otherwise very few boats and actually a very nice paddle. Nevada Beach is very easy to go out of, with a shortish walk from the car, bathrooms, wood platform for drying board, etc.

Looking north toward the point at Round Hill Pines


Looking south at Heavenly


Beach area




The details


No comments:

Post a Comment