Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chambers Landing south with bad weather

Even though it is a holiday week, I decided to drive down the west shore and see how easy it would be to launch from Chamber's Landing. Although there's a private beach club, there's also a little public beach (no grass, only port-a-potties) that its fairly easy to launch from. The water was very choppy and there were dark clouds but I found a great parking spot so I decided to give it a try.

Before I'd even gone a mile it started to look really dark so I turned around. The lake got smoother because all of the boats went in.


But for the last 1/4 mile it was raining.  (You can see some drops on the water.) I heard thunder just as I was pulling back into the beach.  Will have to check this out again.



No comments:

Post a Comment