Friday, July 5, 2013

Commons Beach toward Sunnyside

Before I bought a paddleboard, I always rented at the Tahoe City marina. Once I had my own board I moved on to other locations, so it's been a long time since I paddled out of Commons Beach. I didn't have much time today, though, so I went back to my old haunt. I'd forgotten what a great place it is to paddle from.  Just ten feet from parking to the water. Nice, clean bathroom. Green lawn to dry your board on at the end (if you can avoid the goose poop).

If you make a right out of the beach, the water is very shallow so all the boats are anchored a long way from shore. It makes a great little alley that you can paddle in without any boats--which was great on the holiday. I paddled to where I could see Sunnyside and then turned around.

Here's looking back at Commons Beach. The Tahoe City kayaks kiosk is on the left. And a very long Chris Craft that I saw close to Sunnyside.




No comments:

Post a Comment