Monday, July 8, 2013

Chambers Landing to Sugar Pine Point

Today I finished the last little bit of west shore that I needed to connect from Crystal Bay to Meeks. I started from Chambers Landing. At 9:45 am there was only one car in the parking lot, but if you have to pee beware, because the port-a-potties were still locked.

It turned out to be one of the best paddling spots. After paddling a mile or so past some beautiful Tahoma houses, you round the corner to the completely wild shore of Sugar Pine Point. I even saw baby Mergansers. There are a lot of big rocks close to the surface, though, so be careful not to run into one.  You catch the wind and all the boat traffic at Sugar Pine Point, so it seems like this paddle would be best to do early on a weekday. Definitely not on a weekend.


The view of Homewood on the way back.

And, a lovely Tahoma home with raised Chris-Craft that I would love to own!

The details....


No comments:

Post a Comment